Comedy, insight, joy and heartbreak as we begin our journey for 8 conference wins and a 2nd MAC championship.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Night Football

"UB is playing on Tuesday?" - My non-UB alumni, but native Buffalonian friend.

Yes UB plays on Tuesday for most of the final month of the year, did this last year too.  When the MAC conference sold their souls to ESPN, they allowed the network to customize the MAC schedule.  The result, games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and whenever else ESPN has an open time slot.  I was openly critical of it, because they are messing with student schedules, and the tradition of college Saturday.  However last year I found I was wrong; off peak football is great for alcoholics and gamblers, and I am an alcoholic.  Plus ESPN games are great for me, because I don't live in Buffalo and I get to see games on TV for once.

It's especially great this year, Bills on Sunday, Monday Night Football on Monday, UB Bulls on Tuesday, Sabres Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.  This schedule pretty much doubles my weekly beer and wing intake, and it's just magnificent.

Stay tuned for UB vs BGSU preview and post during the game today.

No comments:

Post a Comment