If I ran the Athletic Department....
After over 10 years of relative failure in Division one, it is time for changes.
1) We have too many sports.
- Division 1 FCS teams have more resources than us for football, which must mean were supporting too many sports to adequately support football. Once we build up football we should have the income base to reestablish other sports.
- High School athletes in New York play Lacrosse and Field hockey
- Our city is #2 in NHL ratings
- The Baseball season starts in February, and plays mostly during Buffalo's coldest months
- We don't have rivals with Ohio and Michigan
- Our alumni base tends to go big city on the East Coast, in the South or to the West, not to the midwest.
- Our student population is heavily influenced by New York City and the East Coast.
- Unlike small schools in small towns, Buffalo has professional options for their dollars.
- We want to play local rivals, big names and get into the tournaments/bowl games.